Home > Forums > Site Help > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Problems with Top 10 rankings?
erinys

6/6/2006 8:41:35 PM
I don't know what's up with some of the rankings or if it matters, but please look at this:
http://www.themeparkcritic.com/scripts/stats/Top10Breakdown.asp?RideID=993
. It's showing them ranking the ride down below their Top 10 and contributing negative numbers, but if you look at their profiles the ride is in their Top 10. If you look at something I've got in my Top 10, it reflects accurately:
http://www.themeparkcritic.com/scripts/stats/Top10Breakdown.asp?RideID=768

Again, I don't know if it matters. Do the number of Top 10 rankings actually get calculated into the overall ride ranking (like ranked #500 out of 2440 rides), and do those negative numbers pose a problem?

If that's the case, since a number of people haven't removed old rides when they've added new ones to their Top 10, and therefore generating 11-20 creating negative numbers on some rides they still actually think highly of, perhaps it should be a Top 20, if that's a feasible possibility?

I'm sure the web site design much less maintenance can't be a good time, but I'd appreciate it if you'd look when you get a chance.

editted for typos ;-)
Message updated 6/6/2006 8:51:11 PM by erinys
Hercules

6/7/2006 4:03:11 PM
I have noticed this problem here and there, but I have always just chalked it up to a bug or bad programming or something like that.

As for the top ten, people have to remove a ride to add one. The number of rides stops at 10, so that is not that problem.
erinys

6/7/2006 7:50:02 PM
Oh, that's cool! A few weeks ago I added a ride & it seemed to carry previous rides down to 11 & 12 etc. Now it really does block it - that's great!

Obviously it really doesn't matter if those numbers don't factor into anything. I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere, so just wanted to bring it up:
5.4.0. What is the "Score" shown in the Stats area of the site?.

Score is determined by how many people list a ride in their top 10 list. For every person that lists a ride as #1 in their list, the ride is awarded 10 points. The number is decreased for every top ten position up to ten, so a ride in someone top 10 list as #10 only gets one point. All the points for the ride are added up and then devided by total number of Top 10 lists. This determines the score of the ride. It determines the popularity of a ride according to Critic's Top 10 lists.
Orlando West

4/13/2023 4:14:04 AM
Thanks for this post. Google
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics