Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Park - 5/20/06
*FreeBird*

5/21/2006 11:31:09 AM
Well we decided to go the final weekend they were offering the early season discount (cause were cheap) which was $25. They didn't have the waterpark open but that didn't matter since it was a bit cool out. Overall there wasn't much of a crowd early on in the day, but around 3 or so it started to get pretty crowded. Most rides only had about a 10 min wait, so it wasn't too bad. So we rode all the coaster of course, and some of the other rides like hangtime, thunder creek mountain, and the whip. Steel Force was a walk on early in the day, but it seemed they were having problems with it later on. We decided to ride it at the end of they day and it seemed to be running fine again. Talon was the highlight of the day once again, that coaster never gets old. We rode Hydra once, it was good but not enough to keep us coming back. We also hit Lazer and Thunderhawk. I think Thunderhawk is a disapointment not totally because of its design, but the way its maintained. The breaks are horrible, way too many sudden stops. There are many spots where it just needs some tweaking. The whole coaster definatly needs a new paint job, and some of that wood looks rotted. Its like there giving up on it because they have all these great steel coaster surrounding it. It really makes me question if Dorney will ever be able to maintain a new wooden coaster if and when they build one. Anyways we left the park at 10:00, when it closes. Overall we had a good time at Dorney. One thing I didn't mention is they have 25 cent cotton candy, which is really good for the price. So make sure you buy some.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics