Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Voyage - The New King of Woodies?
CoastrGlxy

5/17/2006 1:17:33 PM
After viewing the new videos (http://www.holidayworld.com/voyage_video.html) with on-ride footage of Voyage. I'm in awe. It's massive and if it has the airtime it claims to, this baby could eat Boulder Dash for breakfast. Is anyone else excited about this coaster? Or is El Toro recieving more attention? Anyone making a trip to Holiday World this summer?
hrrytraver

5/17/2006 1:36:01 PM
i'm going without a doubt. i spoke of this elsewhere on this board, but from what i can tell, holiday world is the only park in the country that applies the concept that if you make a concerted effort to build coasters for connoisseurs, then the world will follow behind the ecstastic praise and line up at the admission teller window.

now this won't work everywhere of course. but for holiday world, considering coaster enthusiasts as among their VIP customers seems to have been a lucrative buisness move. good on them. first they did raven, which was a remarkably cost efficient investment. it pleased enthusiasts and the positive response brought lots of people to the gates. then they started making enough money to put in a big assed coaster like legend. i love the video where will koch is saying "we asked hundreds of coaster enthusiasts what they wanted us to build..."

can we as coaster enthusiasts grasp how cool it is that enthusiast expectations and bottom line money expectations are mutually inclusive at holiday world?

again, i just think that holiday world is that unique situation where the park owners are making lots of cash AND really working their asses off to bring the noise, coaster-wise.

voyage seems to me to be the apex of their mission. they have made enough loot over the years to invest in a big big ride, but they aren't interested in presenting a hyperbole machine or a one trick pony, but rather a coaster of folkloric proportions. they did lots of homework and hired the best people in the world to try to create the ultimate enthusiast's coaster.

maybe they have....

sounds like many of us will be able to put in our $.02 by the end of the season.
coaster05

5/17/2006 1:37:45 PM
I will be there in about ten days and as much as I love Phoenix I am hoping Voyage becomes my new number 1.
Hercules

5/17/2006 2:28:53 PM
I don't have a lot of hopes for this coaster because I don't like hyping up coasters for myself. I just like to go in open minded with any ride that I go on.

I plan to be there next year, possibly during Spring Break. I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I'll either go down to Georgia or head out to Santa Claus.
Timberman

5/17/2006 4:58:49 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a trip through Indiana, and by this time Friday, I will be occupying the last seat on Voyage. For me, Hades was a stunning achievement, and many old-skool diehards are claiming Voyage blows it away. We'll see.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics