Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Designated Smoking Policy in Amusement Parks
mrceagle

6/19/2006 5:32:42 PM
Quote:
coasterwom said:
I don't feel there are enough smoking areas in the parks and there are not enough places to smoke in the parks. I am a smoker and I don't think this is a good rule to have in my opinion and others I have talked to at Six Flags parks think it's dumb also. Also if they are going to have designated areas to smoke put seats or something to sit on in the area. I was at a SF park in Buffalo and they had 1 bench to sit on and an area that wasn't very large for smokers.

While i agree that some parks don't have enough I don't think the parks should be going out of there way to have one around every corner. there has to be a balance.

as for the areas. I agree that should at least make the guest of the park comfertible. i think I said this before but the 2 family parks in NH Santa's Village and Story land have had designated smoking areas for about 15 years now. they have gazebo's placed around the park with seats within so the smokers can sit and a container to dispose of the waist. there aren't many of them but there is at least one in every major section.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
BobFunland

6/19/2006 5:42:12 PM
Quote:
adriahna said:
You know what's funny? As far as the usual smells of amusement parks and carnivals, I actually don't even mind bumping into the occasional odor of well, yeah, puke - it's part of the territory, and reminds me that I'm in a place rampant with tossing, twisting, churning and generally manipulating a person's organs.

You are sick!! :puke:

I love it
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
6/19/2006 6:50:17 PM
Thanks - that means a lot.
bumprnugit

6/20/2006 12:17:17 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
^i don't disagree in the least with anything that has been said. however, for my personal taste, sometimes the smell of cigarettes is an ingredient in the "cocktail" of certain atmospheres. for instance, the ocean city, MD boardwalk and amusment parks would not be the same for me without the combined odors of deep fat fryers, salt water, and cigarette smoke.

mind you, no qualms at all here about restaurants, theme parks etc having strict smoke segregation. but for me, when i go to a bar in nyc or cali, it's just not the same as the old days. i don't even smoke cigs, but the smell and dense air of a smokey bar is part of a the experience, IMO.

i guess i'm just a connoisseur of "vibe" and "atmosphere". if i want sweet smelling nature i can go hiking. i like sort of trashy "human" odors at amusement parks.

I feel the same way..I'll be at Coney Island 6/21 as work is taking me down to Queens for the night, so I am looking forward to those familiar boardwalk smells. Also, bowling alleys have really lost alot of that prole atmosphere
that cigarette smoke added to.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics