Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Six Flags Park thatll Never be Sold
coaster05

4/27/2006 3:58:26 PM
I totally agree with that statemnet Herc. I have made a few general comments about some places, but I almost NEVER talk abaout a park I have not visited. Until you see it you don't know. SFDL I really liked and I love Adventureland in Iowa. Yet I had an awful time at SFGADV and Universal Movies. So you never know, and pictures only make you slightly more educated.
Animan1

4/27/2006 7:00:27 PM
Thanks to both Herc and coaster for their posts.

mrc - I can accept the fact that kiddie rides are (most of the time) more important to you than thrill rides. It may not be the way I would choose to do things, but that is your thing and I am fine with that. However, you can't expect SF to jump, in less than a year, from a chain centered completely on the thrill, to one centered completely on families. Like Herc said, just about every park is improving in one or multiple ways, yet you seem to not be content with this. It appears that you always have a negative thing to say or some criticism, no matter what SF is doing. And we really have had just enough. I don't mean to speak for other members, but I think I represent all of us here. It really does become tiresome, and very old. Why can't you just appreciate what they are doing instead of focusing on what they aren't doing?
mrceagle

4/28/2006 10:06:10 AM
Have you looked at the TR section i was at teh media day for SFNE. I Know what they are doing and comented Positivly on those changes.

But people are complaining that parks are bad after years on neglect from teh Old SFI. Yes they are doing allot of good t the park now. thats one of the reason I keep sayign that the park will likely stay for a few years before you see any more shut down. other then Astro world th eparks thay have shut down were Leased propertys they had an option of getignout off. with that opertunity gone form the other parks they will se how the parks perform off the new set up before shutign more down or putign them up for sale.

Animan - I'm not trying to say that Family ride not Kidie rides(may be you feel they are the same but there is a huge deforence) are the only things they shoudl be adding. I feel the park sneed a mix of ride, family and thrill ride. I feel family rides are more important then Kiddie rides since the parent can actually ride with there child insted of being forced to the side lines.

as for what they are doing I said it above. but I'm talkign aobut what they did in the past and like you said They can't jsut change over night. we Sohouldn't be making assumption based on the parks as they were when twe have no clue what the park have the opertunity to be.
Message updated 4/28/2006 10:12:08 AM by mrceagle
BobFunland

4/28/2006 2:06:09 PM
34 errors in that last post. Just wanted to point that out.

Also I will abstain from this "Six Flags sucks" debate just because it gets tiring after a while. Deleting posts due to horrible spelling/grammar/syntax/etc never gets old though so keep that in check
coaster05

4/28/2006 2:16:30 PM
^I have to say though BFun percentage wise he has done much worse than that. It must be nice the rest of us were born so perfect that we don't have to go back and proof read our posts so others can read it.(that does mean sarcasm, right)

As far as SFI bashing I will say the same thing I always say. Don't go to the park. The park won't get your money making you feel good, and I won't have to stand behind your repetitive a#$ which will make my line shorter. See now we are both happy.
mrceagle

4/29/2006 2:54:39 PM
My god you want to complain about my spelling and grammar so bad you all compactly missed what I said didn’t you.

I wasn’t bashing SFI in the fact of complaining about the lake of additions. I was pointing out that the parks everyone says are going to get sold do to pore attendance and lake of money are the ones the old SFI had been treating like sh!t. Yet because I spend time complaining about lets see things like lake of family rides, Friendly service and many other things. The new owners are coming out saying the same thing. So where was I wrong?

They opted to mix many of there problems but instead of adding that aspect they turn tail and change what the company has been about for many years. I point that out and I’m only complaining. I speak up about the increased prices, lake in ride attention, increases parking prices/ sticker program, etc. I’m just making trouble. Well guess what get of of this site and start looking on smaller park related sites your seeing the same complaints or posts on how to cheat the system so to speak.

I say that we need to give the parks a chance before we target out parks to be sold. I mention that I expect them to wait a couple years before selling off more properties. But I’m only complaining!!!!!

P.S. This was run through word to you have nothing to B!tch about.

coaster05

4/29/2006 7:33:18 PM
The "lake of family rides" must kill thousands everyday. The word you are looking for is lack, not lake. We bit#$ about your typing because we all proofread, not spellcheck, which is a big difference. If we actually read your post, then put we can't understand it you also get mad, so if your are going to be mad either way I would rather joke on you. There is no way anyway should be able to post 11,290 times and not know the word you are using means a big body of water, not a deficiency. As far as going to another site I notice you have posted only once on Coaster Enthusiast. Is that because you have nothing to say or is it because you would actually have to take your time typing instead of just spitting out something a trained chimp could type?

Its very simple, we never bash your posts that we can understand so obviously you have control of this situation.

Now before I hit return I will actually go back through my post so others can understand it.

--------------------
"New rule: tulips are no longer a flower; they are some sort of gay onion." Bill Maher

How come someone like him doesn't run for President?

Coaster Count-172. Wooden-57
Message updated 4/30/2006 9:32:40 AM by coaster05
erinys

4/29/2006 8:52:15 PM
But I can't understand all of this:
Quote:
coaster05 said:
...If we actually read your post, then put we can't understand it you also get mad...

Quote:
...I would rather joke on you....
(Not standard English)
Quote:
...not now the word you are using means....

Quote:
...I notice you have posted once on coaster enthusiast is that because you have nothing to say....

& that's why I try to shut up when it comes to typing & grammar problems, because I'll foul it up somehow.

Grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules exist to assist in communication, so the intended information is exchanged clearly and accurately. I was a little irritated the other day because I couldn't understand some of mrceagle's post & wanted to understand what he was trying to convey, but my 4th-hand understanding is that he has some type of disability that causes some kind of impairment. Repeated spelling, grammar, and word choice errors prevent information from being understood - I have to fight through every word trying to determine the original intended message. When he spell-checks, it helps insure his intent is conveyed (benefiting all of us) even though it won't catch lack/lake - with just a word here & there we generally get the message. When someone who doesn't have an impediment fails to use standard grammar or spelling it suggests that the information s/he is sharing isn't of enough value to take the trouble to convey accurately.
Watch me have typed something stupid now...
& see, I did have to edit because I DID type something badly. In fact, no one should read any of my posts for at least 8 hours after they've gone up to give me the chance to fix them.
Message updated 4/29/2006 9:14:57 PM by erinys
coaster05

4/30/2006 9:45:42 AM
Erinys my first comment you look at would be understood if you have posted more then 37 times. When MRC butchers something so bad that it is unlegiable and you type "I have no idea what you are trying to say" he gets defensive, so most of us have resulted to either joking on him or totaling up his errors.

2nd comment is slang and uses joke as a verb, but you are correct.

The third and fourth comments have been corrected.

Again you have posted very little on this site so you have not had the 2 plus years of this I have had and the 4 plus years BFun has had. BFun owns the Coaster Enthusiast site and does check for massive misuse of grammar, hence my comment to MRC. I made a promise to not bring up MRC's health issue so if he wants to tell you that is up to him. However to defend myself, if it was something that I felt to be very serious I would be more leniant. Second he has stated on numerous occasions that he would work on the problem, but he really doesn't. Some regular members, including myself, feel that if he would not post on every topic he could actually post higher quality stuff.

BTW "watch me have typed something stupid now.." is definately not correct.
erinys

4/30/2006 1:48:47 PM
I didn't intend to be overly harsh, & I realize I'm a newbie. I've read some of the old posts, and admittedly I get upset when I can't understand something, particularly mrceagle's posts. I think that's why when I didn't comprehend the 'put' sentence (instead of 'write' or 'reply' or adding a comma to make it more clear), I went a little PMS-y. Or anal retentive. The 'joke on you' is really just me being an old fuddy duddy after getting agitated to begin with. I've left my original as is so anyone can see any way I've been out off line. I appreciate the additional Coaster Enthusiast info.

I tried to convey that the error-ridden posts are annoying and sometimes incomprehensible, to stress the importance that if you have something to say it's worth taking the time to do it as well as possible. I apologize if that seemed directed at you - it wasn't. Nor was the 'typed something stupid' - just an acknowledgement of my own human fallibility (and I did just use punctuation shorthand instead of a semi-colon). Perhaps I should have written 'silly' or 'badly.' While the 37 posts is based on this being a new-found addiction (darned adrenaline), some of it is also due to the occasional misunderstandings of typed communication (at least of mine).

ANYWAY, I would guess that parks in which SF doesn't own the land are likely to stay as long as they are breaking even. Great America and Great Adventure seem safe. I'd bet the lawyers are working very, very hard to find some way out of the contractual obligation with SFNOrleans, and that SF's lawyers are bigger & badder than NO's at this point. My biggest question, and as a Delawarean my biggest concern, with the limited knowledge & experience I have, would be SFAmerica. The land seems so valuable & the crowd periodically icky in an area with multiple competitors, it might be worth dumping for the quick cash. I have not visited yet this year so I don't know how the changes may have altered the feel or attendance there.
Message updated 4/30/2006 2:01:40 PM by erinys
coaster05

4/30/2006 4:12:39 PM
^thats cool I felt no real harshness, just defnding myself on my comment toward MRC. I would actually hate to see this site without him, but I would love to see it with him and improved(not perfect) readability.(sp)
mrceagle

4/30/2006 11:11:14 PM
I have to admit that over the last couple weeks I haven’t run the messages through spell check like I had promised. I do try to look back. I don’t just see things that are well similar in set up. I’m not going to sit here and say how long it took me to read or how hard it was to make out well anything of that nature. English outside of Creative writing has never come in any ways easy.

I’m trying to make things easier on all of you. If you look back on the link you’ll notice I’m staying out of many of them. Yes I have maid many posts in the last almost 5 years. I’ve maid 356 ride reviews alone. But I try to say something hat isn't against SFI yet I get attacked as if I was. I say give then time, and I get others telling me what I just said.

Let not argue over my behalf. It's not worth it. One thing I don't like about letters and online posting is that it's hard to express true intention of your statements and in turn it's easy to miss understand. In turn I likely get more defensive then I should. I think many of you may misunderstand what I'm getting at as well.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics