Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Favorite Coasters from Regional Companies
RCGenius

12/24/2005 6:20:38 AM
This question's basically the same as my favorite Anheuser-Busch thread, but I'm taking the suggestion BobFunLand made into combining the favorite threads to save some space. What's your favorite coasters from companies like Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Disney, Paramount, etc. & why? I can only think of Cedar Fair right now, so Millennium Force w/o a doubt's my favorite coaster from that company b/c the ride experience's so'em that's very hard to describe. The first drop's breathtaking, it has a lot of airtime (despite having only 4 hills), the tunnels were great, & the whole layout really compensated w/Millie's blistering speeds, scaling heights, & sheer intensity.
Danny

12/24/2005 11:57:36 AM
Cedar Fair- Millennium Force
Disney - Space Mountain
Universal - Hulk
Paramount - Wild Beast

Cedar Point is the only CF park I've been to, and MF is by far the best ride in the park. The first drop is incredible and the speed is strong throughout the ride's course.

Space Mountain is my favorite Disney coaster because unlike RRC it's a long ride full of surprising steep drops and sharp turns.

Hulk gets the nod for Universal because, well, it's the best roller coaster ever built. Period.

The only Paramount park I've been to is PCW which isn't that good. However, the park has two nice woodies, the Mighty Canadian Minebuster and the Wild Beast. I prefer the latter for its nice airtime.
mrceagle

12/26/2005 1:52:14 AM
Well I'll avaid small parks since thats a seporate topic I guess.

Disney - Thunder Mountain, I haven't been on RRC or Everest. but , the ocaster is well layed out and offers a fun long ride.

Kennywood Co. - Boulderdash. a good all around coaster.

i havn't been to any uneversal, Paramount, or CF parks.
RCGenius

12/26/2005 6:55:36 AM
I forgot to mention that my favorite Universal coaster's Dueling Dragons (preferably Fire) b/c no other coaster in the world has giving me this all-around intense ride Fire gave me. I was a lil disoriented coming off the ride, but any ride that can do that to me's worth a lot of recognition from me. I love the dueling aspect, its blistering speed, the inversions, & the overall re-rideability from it.
Canobie Coaster

1/3/2006 5:37:10 AM
Cedar Fair- Steel Force
Steel Force is the only hyper-coaster I have been on in my only Cedar Fair park I've visited. Steel Force has amazing drops, air-time, and it's long.

Premier Parks- Little Rickie's Little Twister
I have only been to one Premier Park, Riverside in Massachusetts (now Six Flags New England). I was too small to ride any of the roller coasters except Little Rickie's Little Twister, and the other kiddie coaster was broken, so Little Rickie's Little Twister was a bad coaster that was forced to be my favorite. I haven't been to a now Six Flags Park.

Kennywood Co.- Boulder Dash
I have only been to Lake Compounce, and Boulder Dash was much better than Lake Compounce's other coasters. Boulder Dash had excellent setting, speed, length, and drops.
larrygator

1/3/2006 12:41:04 PM
Quote:
King Yoshi said:
Premier Parks- Little Rickie's Little Twister
I have only been to one Premier Park, Riverside in Massachusetts (now Six Flags New England). I was too small to ride any of the roller coasters except Little Rickie's Little Twister, and the other kiddie coaster was broken, so Little Rickie's Little Twister was a bad coaster that was forced to be my favorite. I haven't been to a now Six Flags Park.

Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
Scott

1/12/2006 7:19:00 PM
Bump
coasterwom

4/25/2006 2:53:56 AM
I have too many favorites from the major chains to name so I'll just say I like them all. I have rode about 250 different coasters and I like them all. They all have been alot of fun and they all are different and exciting. Read my ride reviews for more descriptions. Some of my favorites are Millenium Force, TTD, Apllo's Chariot, Montu, Volcano,Mamba, Steel Force, Shivering Timbers, The Beast, Medussa, Nitro, Raging Bull,Dueling Dragons, The Hulk,and Kumba and on and on I go.I have visited most of the Cedar Fair chain parks except Valley Fair and Knotts. Paramount Parks I visited all except California. Busch Gardens I have seen all except Sea World in Tx and Fla. WDW Florida I have visited several times. Six Flags I have been to 9 of there parks so far. I have also visited small chain parks also.I hope to finish my chains first then visit other parks.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics