Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Fastpass - Good or bad?
mrceagle

11/30/2005 10:30:59 AM
Intresting Idea. This worked as a good subject before I'm going to start a new post.

anyways I know the coasters are the came thats why I said redesigned. perhaps a deforent company as well.
DOOM1001

12/12/2005 9:12:42 PM
Fastpass in general is a good thing,if the park charges for a fastpass it's definitely not a good thing since money shouldn't determine who gets preferred treatment.There are however times that fastpass doesn't work, that's mainly when parks are just totally packed in the summer or during holidays, fastpasses are gone by noon and all the standby lines are 1-2 hours long, days like that you just say to tell yourself there won't be much riding today and you do what you can.Whenever I go to EPCOT I grab a fastpass for Soarin and ride Mission Space and Test Track in standby or singles lines, to this day I've never made the standby line for Soarin while there are people waiting 80-90 minutes.As a whole Fastpass is great but you need to know when and where to use it and face the fact that when it's extremely crowded some rides will run out of FP's early and you'll have to make the stanby line that will move slower due to FP users.
ABR

4/18/2006 9:30:28 PM
I was at Disney World last July and this was the first time I got to use such a system. I can honestly say that I am neutral about the system. Here's why:
Good things:
You don't have to stand in a 2 hour line
Helpful to parents with impatient children
Bad:
Fast Pass is done on an 80% to 20% ratio at Disney World(for every 10 people that get on, 8 will Fast Pass, 2 will stand by)
This causes various problems. With some attractions if the Fast Passes sell out, you will have to wait in a loooooooooooooong line *points to Soarin', a 435 minute wait one day last year*
And if a ride breaks down, that really screws up the stand by line, as all the FP's will come when the ride reopens, causing major back ups.
Too easy to abuse (I used my sisters ticket to get an extra one, LOL)

All in all, I must say I was rather suprised that most of the attractions didn't have astronomical waits, with a couple exceptions, the standby lines were typically shorter than they were before fastpass.

I personally think Fast Pass should be done on a 10% to 90% ratio, (1 gets a fast pass, 9 stand by), and instead of giving them out first thing in the morning (causing an instant sell out), hand them out 1-2 hours in advance. Basically:
a ride can take 2000 people an hour. 200 an hour can have a fast pass. At 9:00am, start handing out fast passes for 11:00am-12pm, and when they sell out, do not offer anymore until 10:00am, when the ones for Noon-1pm will be handed out.
coasterwom

4/19/2006 4:28:51 AM
I have only used fast pass at one of the parks and you didn't have to pay for it. It's worth it in my opinion to do it if the lines are long and you don't wish to wait in line but it messes up your flow through the park. I like to go left to right around the park to cut down on lines because most people go right to left. I would use it at Six Flags and other parks if it was really busy and I was from out of state and I wanted to make sure I got to ride all the coasters. I haven't had to use them at any major parks I have visited and I have been able to ride all the major rides most of the time. Most people vacation in July/August so I avoid this time of year. I prefer to vacation in May/June or Sept/October.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics