Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Best park commercial
Hercules

8/17/2005 3:17:03 PM
What is the best park commercial you have seen this year?

Being a marketing major, I am very critical of advertisments and look at them in very different ways.

Best - Hersheypark
They make the park look very fun and inviting and are customized for different areas of the state/region in terms of how many hours the park is from that region. I think that is very good.

Worst - Dorney Park
I could say Great Adventure for their generic commercials while Kingda Ka was down, but the Kingda Ka ads made up for it. Also, they made the park look good and thrilling, even if they were not all rides that were actually within the park. Dorney's ads are just bad. The Hydra ones are good, but the one for the whole park is just poor. "C'mon!" They are just so chessy and don't draw me to the park at all. They are dull and boring and really really bad. It is pretty sad. Even my girlfriend said that it doesn't make her want to go to the park.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

BobFunland

8/17/2005 3:42:09 PM
I love the Mr. Six commercials

However, I still revert to BGT's decision to not have anything included in their commercials for SheiKra up here, and now that it's open I haven't seen a single one. Dumb.
Hercules

8/17/2005 3:55:30 PM
I've seen the BGT commercials up here. They are kind of lackluster to say the least. And the fact that they don't have anything about SheiKra is really stupid, especially if they are going to air them up here in PA.
mrceagle

8/17/2005 4:18:22 PM
I thin the BGW and BUsh Theme parks Commercials are good.

Best Commercial in our area is Water Country's Dragon's den Commercial.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
8/17/2005 6:02:26 PM
Mr. Six dancing around in swim flippers and sock garters - it just doesn't get any better.
larrygator

8/17/2005 6:12:50 PM
The old Action Park commercials were great.

I like the Mr. Six spots, also
*FreeBird*

8/17/2005 6:42:08 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:
Worst - Dorney Park
I could say Great Adventure for their generic commercials while Kingda Ka was down, but the Kingda Ka ads made up for it. Also, they made the park look good and thrilling, even if they were not all rides that were actually within the park. Dorney's ads are just bad. The Hydra ones are good, but the one for the whole park is just poor. "C'mon!" They are just so chessy and don't draw me to the park at all. They are dull and boring and really really bad. It is pretty sad. Even my girlfriend said that it doesn't make her want to go to the park.

Yeah the Dorney Park commmericals are really bad and the music gets really annoying too, especially with the older ones. And it seems like Hyrda is hyped up much more then it deserves.
Message updated 8/17/2005 6:43:55 PM by *FreeBird*
coasterSS

8/17/2005 10:01:21 PM
Commercials for Ceader Point are the coolest I have seen so far, most of the ones I have seen for CP are awesome because the have on ride video off of TTG and Mellinium Force, they are awesome!!!
obi1sgirl

8/19/2005 12:14:23 AM
I admit the only ones I've seen are for Cedar Point. They're nice, but the whole "Best "____" on the Planet" thing is getting old. It's all over their brochure as well.
coasterSS

8/19/2005 8:13:39 PM
Yeah, that slogan is getting old, but it is still catchy, and Cedar Point is really one of the best park on the planet, so. Go figure.
RCGenius

8/20/2005 8:50:07 PM
The only park commercials I've seen was for Hersheypark, Dorney Park, & Six Flags Great Adventure. Out of the 3, HP was probably the best one. I'll admit that I'm getting sick of visiting HP b/c I've been there since 1996 (9 yrs.), but the commercial really showed a lot of great points about how HP will satisfy all of its guests, especially when they're presenting SR. The only DP commercial I've seen was when I was in Philly & I saw a Hydra commercial. I've never really seen a lot of other DP commercials b/f. Finally, the SFGAD commercial was just the one showing Kingda Ka.
Canobie Coaster

8/25/2005 7:40:02 AM
Canobie Lake Park has the best park commercial. They have great, catchy music, and they show images of their new rides, along with their other park favorites like the Yankee Cannonball and the Star Blaster. Also, they show the rides like they are, so you know what to expect.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics