Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Park w/the Best Atmosphere
sowinski

5/13/2006 6:05:35 PM
I caught an evening visit to Kennywood around Labour Day last year and that place has a great atmosphere. The tiered gravel parking lot with a ski lift to access the upper most level gives you kind of a sketchy, but unique first impression. However, once you approach the park, go through the tunnel and enter, you get taken away to another place. The atmosphere is carnivalesque with a lot of unique older rides and good newer rides, as well. The people, both visitors and staff are warm, unpretentious, working class Americans. The food is very good and reasonably priced. The layout is compact, so its easy to find people if travelling with a group or to find rides even with no map, but there are still trees and some landscaping. Phantom's revenge is great to ride at dusk or even better, after dark. Some of the river views are quite nice, if only they could move a couple of the factories that you can see across the river near Phantom's Revenge and Thunderbolt. Until you head back out the tunnel, you almost forget you're in Pittsburgh.
sowinski

5/13/2006 6:06:53 PM
I caught an evening visit to Kennywood around Labour Day last year and that place has a great atmosphere. The tiered gravel parking lot with a ski lift to access the upper most level gives you kind of a sketchy, but unique first impression. However, once you approach the park, go through the tunnel and enter, you get taken away to another place. The atmosphere is carnivalesque with a lot of unique older rides and good newer rides, as well. The people, both visitors and staff are warm, unpretentious, working class Americans. The food is very good and reasonably priced. The layout is compact, so its easy to find people if travelling with a group or to find rides even with no map, but there are still trees and some landscaping. Phantom's revenge is great to ride at dusk or even better, after dark. Some of the river views are quite nice, if only they could move a couple of the factories that you can see across the river near Phantom's Revenge and Thunderbolt. Until you head back out the tunnel, you almost forget you're in Pittsburgh.
Hercules

5/14/2006 11:51:49 AM
Quote:
coasterwom said:
WDW, CF, Paramount, and Busch

Park. WDW is a park/resort, so you did well there, but the rest are chains

And I love how it is always the same answer for every thread everywhere.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics