Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Coaster Celebration at SFGAdv
bb_dg

9/15/2002 8:59:00 PM
i only attended the sunday portion of the event because the ERT was better (nitro, chiller, batman as opposed to medusa, viper, rolling thunder) and it was cheaper if you can consider 50 bucks a person cheap.

anyway, got to the park by 8 for breakfast included with the price of admission and was riding by 830. first up was supposed to be the chiller but it was late due to mechanical problems. i headed over to nitro for the third train out, front seat. this ride is better than i remember, especially with minimal lapbar (you freefall down the first drop in the back). got 4 in a row before heading to batman.

batman is, as always, an intense ride. got right on the front seat for two rides in a row.

next was the chiller. me and my bro went on the batman side and afterward, he got sick. he took an hour brake while i got many more laps on nitro, all in the last couple rows.

we went to the other side of the park now, ERT was over by 10. first ride on that side was runaway train. this is a very rough ride, even for an arrow mine train.

next was medusa for two rides. this is still a great smooth ride, the front is the best, as with all floorless coasters.

next up was viper. i decided to bear the pain and get this coaster on my count. only one word comes to mind- ouch. its rough, has inconsistant turning, too much hangtime on the inversions and is just a bad ride. only thing i liked was the restraint system- lots of freedom of movement.

went on rolling thunder next, right side (the only side running). this coaster has sooooo much potential and its a real shame to see it go to waste.

lunch was next, free with a meal voucher. pizza was actually decent.

now it was back to the coasters. i ended the day with an hour and a half on nitro without getting off. i probably got 20, if not more, laps on that ride. very fun. i was riding with only four clicks on the lapbar which gave me a good three inches of room. i floated down the first drop and first two camelbacks. best seat is back row, far left because of that pop of air on the second turn and turn into the helix. that third hill is by far the best airtime on the ride- i felt like i was going to slip out of the restraints everytime.

overall a great day. there was no one there (literally) and it didnt rain. we went to the safari just because it was included and i have never seen monkeys tear apart cars like they did in the baboon section of the drive through. it was like a warzone- wipper blades and mirrors everywhere. i actually witnessed a monkey ripping off a mirror of some guys car and he did it in less that 30 seconds while the car was moving (very impressive).

smk

9/15/2002 9:12:00 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip, especially the monkeys ripping apart cars

---------------
HoT ToPiC - Everything About the Music
Twirlnhurl

9/15/2002 10:11:00 PM
Wow! I wish they would put that on tape or somthing, that would be awesome! (Yes, Im talking about the monkeys)

Cyclonic

9/15/2002 10:41:00 PM
That is really amazing (and no, I don't mean the monkeys). The only time I have ever been to SFGAdv and it has been that dead has been on rainy days. Was the park open to the general puplic after the ERT? It is great to hear you had such a good time.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
bb_dg

9/16/2002 10:42:00 PM
yup, the park opened at normal time (1000) and noone came. nitro was alittle busy during the first hour or two after the park opened but the crowds really dispersed. rain was forcast all day but it didnt start pouring until after i left at 3.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics