Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Credit Whoring
Red Rascal

7/6/2005 2:08:07 PM
Could someone please explain to me why enthusiasts get so worked up on their coaster count that they have to ride every single coaster that they can? What's the point? I don't understand why grown men and women, but mostly men, must ride that little kiddy coaster that was built solely for a youngsters enjoyment. It's sad and pathetic if you ask me. Some enthusiasts take it way overboard, and for what? Bragging rights? Stupid.

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you go about riding coasters? Do you have to humiliate yourself and ride that kiddy coaster, or spend that extra time enjoying a coaster you can actually fit in? I'll take the latter, thank you very much.

--------------------
~ Coaster Count: 123 ~

What's life if you never get to the Point?
larrygator

7/6/2005 4:32:43 PM
Good question!

When I ride alone I do it to relax, be stupid and hopefully find a hidden gem, like High Speed Thrill Coaster, Pepsi Ripsaw or some of the Jr. woodies. Sometimes I ride with my niece, but only to trick her into riding something else she acts like she is afraid to ride. I used to not count them in my coaster count but wondered how many I had ridden so I started keeping track.

Yes, sometimes I feel like an idiot when I ride. I guess the fact that I always ask the ride op if "big" kids can ride, just goes to show I am a big kid at heart. I have never thought of it taking away time from a larger coaster because I would never wait for a kiddie/family coaster. Along the same lines I don't consider riding flats taking away from coaster time.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/6/2005 5:04:04 PM
I'm with larry on this one - and it really depends on the kiddie coaster in question. A woodie of any sort, that I'm allowed on, is something I'm game for particularly - the Beastie is a classic example of a neat little coaster, to say the least. As well, if it's something unusual, such as the High Speed Thrill Coaster (it's the only Overland coaster left in existence), I'm totally there. They can be a lot of fun - HSTC alone has a lot to offer.
Danny

7/6/2005 5:17:47 PM
I only ride kiddy coasters if they have good theming. I don't care about my coaster count, heck, I don't even know what it is.
Red Rascal

7/6/2005 5:42:55 PM
No, no, no. I don't meak kiddy wood coasters, I'd consider those in the family category anyways. I'm talking about rides like Taxi Jam and Jr. Gemini, etc. Family coasters, like Zach's Zoomer, or even Blackbeard's Treasure Train (I think that's what it's called) at Great Adventure, those I do. I draw the line at the smallest of small coasters, and especially those that you need a child to accompany you with.
Hercules

7/6/2005 7:32:47 PM
I do them if I have been to the park a lot and need something to do. I'm not into stealing a kid to ride a ride like Taxi Jam or something dumb like that. That is just borderline obsession. That would be a disease like alcoholism right there.

I don't really ride Wild Mouse coaster either. If I go to a new park, I go out of my way to ride the bigger coasters and don't have to go on those or kiddie coasters to build up my coaster count. I will if I'm bored or just feel like it because of a short line or something like that. I am in way a coaster count whore.
coaster05

7/6/2005 8:22:45 PM
I do track coasters but I won't do all the little ones. I did lil shaver at Camp Snoopy and that was a combo of purely for my count and I was having such fun at that park why not. I refuse to pay for little rides and some "coasters" I won't do like that portable one where you go down the tower in circles.
coasterwom

5/19/2006 2:58:23 AM
I track the coasters I have rode and I try to do all of the coasters even the juniors because I like to ride them for fun and the adrenaline rush.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics