Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Clark’s Trading Post TR
mrceagle

6/11/2005 12:07:46 AM
With Monday on Memorial Day weekend open my brother and I decided to grab breakfast at Britney’s, a small Hole in the wall restaurant in Lincoln not far from loon Mtn. From there we would head to Clarks Trading post for the day.

We got to the park, it’s actually a Road side attraction, around 2:30, paid the $12.00 dolor admission price, and walked over to the bear show which was just starting. The show is very good and the bears are fun to what. Just a word of warning the Puns filled jocks can be a bit unbearable.

After the show we were able to jump right onto the train. The train ride, White Mtn. Central Railroad, is the main attraction at Clark’s. The ride is long and as you travel through the woods you are attacked by a person called the Wolf Man. When you finally hit the Famous Dead end, you will find out more about the Wolf Man, but I will leave that info for your own trip.

When we got back from our train ride, we maid our way through the many Museums the park has. We took some time to look through the shops and food areas along the parks 20’s themed main street. With our looking done we decided to make our way to the rides and attractions. The park has 2 rides, a crooked house, and a climbing wall all included in the entrance price.

Merlin’s Mystical Mansion is one of the parks 2 rides. This is a traditional mad house similar to SFNE’s Houdini’s great escape. This ride is actually a bit better. The Employees go out of there way to make sure the ride it fun. This ride was been at the park for al long as I can remember and it’s a reride every time I go. This trip my brother and I got in 7 rides including last ride of the day.

The Aqua Blasters is the second ride. There Bumper boats with Sprayers. The boats are a bit slow and with the temperature lower then the earlier to weekend days this wasn’t that enjoyable.

The Newest attraction at the park is the Old Man of the Mountain Climbing Wall. This wall has 6 difficulty levels. I did the medium high level and maid it half way up. I got stuck on the lip were the wall jetted out ¾ of a foot from were I was. This was actually harder then the hard level on most climbing walls.

Tuttle’s Rustic House is a traditional crooked house with some really good FX. It’s a quick walk through and the quality of the attraction very much depends on the tour guide. We went through this 5 times with 5 deferent tour guides and the attraction is always a little deferent feeling wise.

As our day rain down we caught the last park of the last bear show of the day and jumped on the train for a second time. It was the last ride of the day and we ran into the engineer and got into the Engine. We spent the ride talking to him about the trains and most importantly about the park itself.

Turns out Clark’s has some big plans for the future. The trains rail line will be extended ¾ of a mile from were it currently stops. The Clark’s family has bought 500 acres at that end and will develop it into another area. Basically you will be able to park at either end and take the train from one area to the next.

The park closed at 5:00p.m. and worked out to be a great afternoon. If you want to park can be done in about an hour and a half. I would recommend Clark’s to anyone staying in the area or up there for the day.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Lin48

6/11/2005 10:38:39 AM
That's good stuff, Mrc. I have fond memories of Merlin's when Merlin was being played by a young man with a Scottish accent. Who knew Merlin was Scottish? In all the times I've been out to Clark's, I've never seen the bear show. I know not to feed the bears crazy things like oranges through the pipes outside the cages. Have you ever gotten an old time photograph taken there? My sister and I have. We were probably, like, eight and nine years old. It's cute. We've never done it again since. I'm glad you had a good time. I'd love to go to Clark's right about now and I'm glad to hear about their coming expansion. That's good stuff.

Lin48
mrceagle

6/13/2005 3:10:14 AM
I have never gotten an old time photo. at one time MY mother had wonted one done but we were always scraping together money just to go to Clark's or Canobie. so it never haponed. I might one of these days if I have a few people worth doing it with. MY older brother is definatly not one of them
safetybar

4/15/2006 7:14:31 PM
Does anyone have any more information about this?
mrceagle

4/16/2006 12:15:49 PM
The on ride Photo's or the park itself. I'lll answer any questions you have.
safetybar

4/16/2006 4:04:15 PM
Oh, sorry. I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything more about the Clarks expansion.

I live in Orlando and was on a little vaca back to the home state last year. I brought my fiancee to Clarks for her first time. I had been telling her how great this place is for the past 5 years (and this is with Disney World in our backyard, literally). When we went I noticed Mr. Clark and son sitting on a bench looking over some blueprints and talking very seriously. I tried to move closer to get a better look without looking like a psychopath...but I couldnt quite make out what was on the papers.

I love the Clarks entertainment style and am very excited for something new.

Message updated 4/16/2006 4:08:26 PM by safetybar
mrceagle

4/16/2006 10:25:13 PM
From what I heard and it's not much. they will be expanding the train line further out startign this year. once they get to the new land they own they will Build a park on that land. I havn't seen any blue prints and havn't been back in a while to ask around. I didn't get a chance to go back late last year. But given the Clarks Cash flow and attention to detail it will be one majer park. but I wouldn't expect Major coaster and Thrill rides. I woudl say Lego land Style family rides. which Northern NH is known for. Have you checked out Story land Latly?
safetybar

4/16/2006 10:39:40 PM
Nope. Havent been anywhere else in terms of attractions. I wouldnt want or expect a coaster up there. I'd be very happy with some great atmospheric attractions. Im sure I'll be happy with whatever they offer.
mrceagle

4/17/2006 10:08:27 AM
Keep in mind this land is around 3 miles from Clarks Traiding post not the same property. I woudl estimate it's around the location of Whales tail and Ex Texas BBQ. It would be an intirly new attraction with the train beign used to transport guests between.

As far as money and ability they have it. Clarks has some of the best carpinters to be found and moey to boot. Keep in mind on top of Clarks they operate Hobo railroad, 2 dinner trains, and Teh Winipisacki RR in Maridith. He also have a sucessfull buisness Rehabing Engins and Converting Train cars into Livible Homes. and both of them arn't cheap. right now they have a State Contract to Rehab the Yankee Flyer.

I woudl hope that they might Save Whaloms Flyer Comet Coaster and instal it. Teh fun House woudl be another great thing to save.
safetybar

5/2/2006 8:36:37 PM
Either way this is very exciting. If anyone has any updates, please post!
mrceagle

5/4/2006 10:53:09 PM
The parks open MAmorial day weekend. so I will hopefully be up there. I'll hit Clarks and try to get any info I can.
safetybar

5/30/2006 6:07:47 PM
anyone go this past weekend?
mrceagle

5/31/2006 3:53:12 PM
My brother and His Friend went.

Here's the news. In the park they have widened the walkway heading to the Bear show arena, They doubled the size of the Photo building, Redid many of the Buildings sides and Roofs, and are using the Diesel Engine.

They have bought a new Boiler for the Steam and hope to have it up and running soon. They still don't know what they will do with the old Boiler.

About the new park. They will need to spend 680,000 to buy the right of way and lay the tracks to the new property. The new Station at the new property is going to be Modeled after a well Models they found at a hobby shop and liked the look of.

As for rides attraction they have no Clue. they went to IAPPA this last year but didn't do more then pick up allot of Flayers.

The track laying should start this year but won't be done for a while the Clark's are laying the rails by hand.
safetybar

5/31/2006 4:51:33 PM
cool, thanks. So they don't have any time frame for this expansion?
mrceagle

5/31/2006 11:24:06 PM
No The Track, then the parkign and Train station, then the park.

I hope though that they add a few smaller attractions to Clark's before the other expantion. My hopes are a couple rides, another uniquie attraction, and a small Zoo displaying local animals.
nhfreak12

1/14/2007 9:32:58 AM
I go to Clarks ALOT. It iss my favorite theme park.

They replaced the boiler intime for park of the 2006 season and they are now working on it again (winter 06-07)
as for expansion..i have noo idea. That expansion would be awesome though!

i came across this white mountain central rr website..and the info seems accurate..
http://www.whitemountaincentralrr.com/Home

post any expansion comments!!!!
larrygator

1/14/2007 8:21:11 PM
Clark's is a nice little place - I really enjoyed the atmosphere and shows when I visited in Sept 2006
mrceagle

1/20/2007 10:39:26 PM
I brag bout Clark's and all the Northern NH parks allot. I have every right to there great attractions. Clark's is one of the best parks period.

since you to like the area have you seen my Santa's village winter Celebration TR?
link to TR
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics