Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags NE Opening Day
mrceagle

4/18/2005 6:07:24 PM
I got up at seven so my brother and I could get on the road by quarter to eight. The trip was the usual 2 hours 15 minutes. One problem I forgot my Season pass paperwork and the entry pas at the house. Luckily, I was able to catch my brother and sister in law before they left to they were able to bring it. We ended up getting to the park at 10:30 and were forced to park across the street. Jersey barriers now block the road to the parking booths. We bought the $30 dollar parking pass, got our stuff together, and went cross the bridge. My brother and I had on out MR six Glasses and Bowtie from the media day which proved to be allot of fun through out the day.

So we had to wait 2 hours for my brother, who was dumb enough to take the pike, to get to the park. This turned out to be a good thing. I got to watch the park in action like you never would have expected a few years back. Managers were out in force directing guests to appropriate areas to get t=what they need, an employee was cleaning the bathroom outside the park, even the GM was out and about. I have to say this gave me a better look on the parks future then ever before. I was also able to run into Tracy and see if she needed my brother and I to sign a release on that photo from media day. We found out they didn’t, I didn’t think they did, and that is would be on the next web update.

Yes, I did say cleaning the outside bathroom. In fact every time my brother or I entered a rest room their was someone there cleaning. At one point a manager or team lead, Pete, came n and replaced the paper towel roll. In fact, the dirtiest bathroom I encountered all day was at the Friendly’s we ate at after we left the park.

The sign outside said that Skyway would be closed. Nevertheless, through out the day they had many problems. Houdini was closed and many rides Batman, Superman, Joker, Nightwing, had problems throughout the day. But, for the most park the day was good.

We finally got in the park at around noon and headed straight for superman. Though the line was short it kept having problems and took more then an hour to get on. The side belts were indeed removed and the ankle restraints seemed lower then last year. The ride was a bit sluggish but good nonetheless. We left and made our way up to Thunderbolt. Allot of work was done to the supports and the ride was running well. Thunderbolt may be old but always seems to please. I ask, please do something about those seat belts we could barley get them to lock. I walked up and jumped into the season pass processing line.

The line moved fast and I have to have been through in around 15 minutes in that. I like the blue cards sent n the mail beater then the yellow ones at the park. But with that out of the way I went over to Crackaxle canyon to catch up with my brother. I found him getting of Tomahawk with SFNE Stinks. I caught a ride on Rodeo and dragged my brother on Tomahawk again. Houdini was down so we walked over to Cyclone.

Cyclone had no line and I only had to weight one circuit. I got in the back car middle seat knowing I would likely going to regret it. The coaster was quit f or one but that was as fare as the good news goes. The coaster was not only running slow but the trims were hitting hard. They did replace the wood on the entire back half of the ride but put the old steel back on which defeats the purpose. Though I didn’t despise the ride I didn’t enjoy it either.

We went and looked at Pandemonium’s line but with a full boat, I know the wait was going to be more then an hour. With 55 ride under my belt and 28 for my brother we opted to skip the coaster. We walked through the kiddie land to great chase. My brother and I squeezed into the back seat. I almost forgot how much fun these little coasters could be. It started getting my excitement up for the new coaster at Six Gun City.

It’s barley into the afternoon and most of the park had been hit. We headed to th
ibluv

4/20/2005 3:47:49 PM
Happy to see things are improving, if only they can just get all the rides in proper working order, but ILm actually looking forward to going this year, as I have yet to ride my first hyper,,, ILm pathetic
mrceagle

4/21/2005 12:53:03 PM
I'm confident in the job they're doing I'm sure this managment team will be good for the park.
ibluv

4/21/2005 4:03:25 PM
Time will tell. The earliest ILll be able to go is in late June, and I hope itLs not ungodly crowded by then.
mrceagle

4/25/2005 12:37:49 AM
Jun normaly isn't that bad. the schools do their trips dorign the week and most of them get the SFNE thing out of their system by then.
coaster05

4/25/2005 9:45:29 AM
I will be there first week of August on a Friday how do you think the crowds will be.
skierman

5/2/2005 3:51:24 PM
Umm, well it deoends. Most parents have to work, so that limits some down, but you never really know. I usually go there on a schoolday in May, and the crowds are pretty heavy. Its a small park, and fills up quickly!
coaster05

5/2/2005 4:33:21 PM
Thanks I figured it should be pretty good during the day before work ends.
ibluv

5/4/2005 3:56:05 PM
Were the crowds heavy in may cuz of school groups, or were there just a lot of ppl there in general?
skierman

5/30/2005 10:17:16 PM
Well I just went yesterday, which was a Sunday, but the crowds were very light. Superman and Pandemonium had the longest lines (obviulsly) but all the other lines went quickly. Also, the fact that there was a risk of thinderstorms may have scared away some of the people also.

I also think I may have seen mrceagle there... Mrc., were you there yesterday?

--------------------

Make $.80 a day... online.

Make $1.00 a day... online.
Message updated 5/30/2005 10:18:26 PM by skierman
mrceagle

6/4/2005 1:31:37 AM
No I wasn't.

I havn't been back to SFNE since openign day. I've been tryign to hit all the other parks around.
Jackson001

3/30/2024 6:32:13 AM
Excitement filled the air on Six Flags NE Opening Day as families and thrill-seekers flooded through the gates. Among the myriad of attractions, the much-anticipated unveiling of the Audemars Piguet shop drew enthusiasts and collectors alike. Amidst the exhilarating roller coasters and vibrant entertainment, visitors indulged in luxury timepieces, adding a touch of sophistication to their adrenaline-fueled adventures. It was a day marked not only by thrilling rides but also by exquisite moments captured in time.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics