Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels v.s. Kennywood
RCGenius

3/24/2005 9:00:07 PM
Which traditional amusement park do you think's better between Knoebels & Kennywood? Both parks have survived for a long time & both of them are very unique by providing guests with something to do for everyone. I like Kennywood a lil better because of their great coasters, delicious food, & overall great atmosphere. What do you think?
coaster05

3/24/2005 10:20:50 PM
Knoebels I feel it is more unique and there food is unbelievable plus it has birch beer. Kennywood is also great, but if i had to choose Knoebels
Scott

3/25/2005 11:34:07 AM
Oh man this is tough one. Knoebels has amazing Flying scooters and Pheonix. Their lusse auto scooters look great. I didn't get the chance to ride them though. Twister is world class as well. But If I had to chose, Kennywood would win. Thunderbolt had outstanding air time. Jack Rabbit's double dips surprised me and left bruises on my legs. Phantom's revenge was insane. Racer is a great classic and Exterminator was fun. Another plus to kennywood is that it's pretty. Not as pretty as knoebels but pretty close. I espescially thought lost kennywood was purty.
Knoebels

3/25/2005 12:42:02 PM
Oh my God. You did not just make me make this choice. I mena, they are both ver, VERY good parks, each having strength in rides (Phoenix, Phantom's Revenge;Auto Race, Antique Cars, etc.), and food. I'd have to say Knoebels though (like you didn't know).
Danny

3/25/2005 1:23:09 PM
I've only been to Kennywood, but Knoebels looks awesome too. Kennywood would be hard to beat though.
Knoebels

3/25/2005 1:57:28 PM
Go to KNOEBELS!!
Animan1

3/25/2005 4:16:37 PM
I haven't been to either, but wouldn't mind getting to both sometime. While Knoebels looks very good, I think Kennywood has better overall variety.
RCGenius

4/21/2005 8:45:58 PM
Kennywood does have a better overall variety. How could you possibly pass up a chance to eat some of the best fries around at Potato Patch, riding Phantom's Revenge, one of the most underrated hypers around, riding Jack Rabbit, Racer, & Thunderbolt, 3 classic woodies, riding Exterminator, an indoor spinning wild mouse, & more rides like Pitt Fall, Skycoaster, & many more? Knoebels is a great park too w/Pheonix & Twister, great staff & maintenance, cleanliness, atmosphere, & lots of rides that you would'nt find at a lot of parks, but they seriously lack a signature steel coaster (preferably a B&M invert) to compliment Pheonix & Twister.
Cyclonic

4/21/2005 9:47:08 PM
OK, a Beemer simply would not fit at Knoebels. It is not what they do. I agree, it would be nice to see some good steel at Knoebels, but I'd rather see something like a Schwarzkopf there then anything like a B&M or Intamin.

I love both parks, but I'd rather visit Knoebels. While Kennywood has better steel, PR is truely an underrated coaster, their wood can't hold a stick to the one two punch of the Phoenix and Twister. Thunderbolt is truely the star, an outstanding ride, but Jack Rabbit is overrated, with its double dip being the only element that stands out, and it can't compete with Phoenix's double up / double down.

Patato Patch fries are the most over rated fries I have ever had. I've eaten them several times and each time wondered what the big deal was. Knoebel's fries are comprable, not to mention cheaper, and the rest of the park's food blows what Kennywood has to offer away.

I would say the darkrides are comprable. I don't really care for Old Mill, but Noah's Arc is outstanding, as is the Knoebels Haunted Mansion.

Knoebels definately has the edge in flats. Kennywood offers the Kangaroo, a truely unique and great ride, Auto Race, equally unique, and Pitt Fall, among others. They run them well, but when compared to the flats at Knoebels, which are run the way they should be, they pale in comparison. The Flyers alone blow away anything Kennywood has, but then you add in the Skooters, Flume, Carousel, and Sklooosh.

I think you know where I am going with this.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Coaster Events Page Updated 4/18/05

If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness. -Theodore Roosevelt

darkridrMD

5/20/2005 8:54:01 AM
Wow, this is tough. I've only been to Kennywood once, but really enjoyed it. It does have a great variety of rides, newer as well as historic. Knoebels has this as well, but I would have to give it the edge simply because I think the park setting is so tough to beat. The area is just so beautiful. I also find that in general, I've encountered the most pleasant visitors there of any park I've visited. The place just has a certain peace about it. Does that sound weird?
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/20/2005 9:48:08 AM
I'm dying to make it out to Kennywood - have been for about 20 years. Hopefully this summer, if at all possible. Lost Kennywood, in particular, is calling out to me on a continuous loop.

When I do make it there, it'll be REALLY difficult, however, not to go in without a bias towards Knoebels - it really does just strike me as the perfect vintage amusement park - and yes, as darkridrMD said, there is definitely a certain sense of peace that fills the park. It's just a wonderful, happy place.

But I'm open, and still gnawing at the bit to make it out to Kennywood...
coasterwom

5/19/2006 11:59:37 PM
Kennywood get's my vote over Knoebels. The park has alot of classic wood coasters and a good hyper coaster and alot of other fun rides.
no cars go

5/20/2006 11:23:15 AM
Kennywood & Knoebels are my family's basic parks, along with Hersheypark, so this has been a great conflict in my head for months. I've been going to both of them for my whole life, so you must understand that the choice I made is only away from the other by the smallest bit. I choose Kennywood because I think that they have a better mix of modern and traditional rides, and most of their traditional rides are originals that are some of the last in the world. It is very close though.
alanlough

1/12/2008 12:52:53 AM
Kennywood!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics